Monday, April 27, 2009

Summer is getting close!

Finally a beautiful weekend! Everything is so much nicer in the summer, with going to the beach, and laying out, and taking the boat out. Brett had off all weekend so Saturday and Sunday he took our boat out pretty much all day. He came back looking a tad bid like a lobster but he had a lot of fun so the sunburn doesn't matter to him.

We met our new neighbors, Tonya and Rick. They are from NY. We spent all Friday night at their house hanging out. Then Saturday night they had a BBQ, so Brett and I got to meet their neighbors as well. They are a bit older then we are, but super nice people. They have already invited us out of town with them and to go to the amusement parks. We see many good times in our future. Rick has a really nice Harley with a custom flame paint job that I am begging to go for a ride on. I think I am slowly wearing him down. Brett and I are so happy we are living near some really amazing couples that we can actually do things with. A lot of houses on our block are for sale so hopefully some more young couples move in.

One of the houses on the corner has a slip and slip...Remember those? The one I remember was just yellow, almost like a giant trash bag and you put the hose on one end and have at it. This one was amazing! It was multi-colored, which is pretty awesome, and had a build in sprinkler system. I was so jealous. Seems like every child in the neighborhood was coming and using it. Then the kids decided they wanted to get Tonya on the slip and slide. It was hilarious, because they all ganged up on her. There was a four year old hanging from her back, a child on each leg, and another pulling her fingers apart tourturing her into submission till she finally gave up falling into the water in defeat. They were so proud of themselves.

The four year old is adorible. He was hiding behind a tree when I first met him screaming "I see you!" By the end of the night, before him and his sister were carried off to bed in their cozy little PJ's with footsies, (I totally want a pair) he screamed across the street "Goodnight, little girl!" (meaning me) His mom was histerically laughing because whether I like it or not I now have a four year old boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment