Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another weekend home...

Brett and I went home this weekend. Brought the puppies along for the ride. We knew the weekend was going to be so jammed packed that we had to divide ourselves and try to see everyone we possibly could. Unfortunately, we ran out of time to do everything we wanted to do.

Friday night we spent the night over Brett's parents house. I went and got my hair cut by Jennette while Brett visited for a little while with his parents. By the time I came back it was well past my bed time and everyone else was almost asleep.

Saturday we got up early to go visit at my parents house and to be ready for a BBQ in the afternoon. My sister, Bobbi, her husband, Tony, and the baby, Tommy, came too. I miss them all so much it is so nice to see them when we come home. Specially my goobie. He is getting so big I just cant believe it anymore. He's definitely going to be a heart breaker one day. Looks more and more like my sister everyday.



Saturday night was my cousins Beef and Beer. As some of you may not know, my cousin, Nikki, was in a horrific car accident. Her friends and her were driving home when the driver lost control of the vehicle, flipped six times, throwing Nikki and the other female from the car. Everyone but Nikki walked away from the accident, she was the only one critical. Being that she is only 16 they took her to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. For the first week everything was touch and go. The doctors really didn't think she would make it though this. She broke her neck and spine and shattered her arm and knee. Also when she hit her head her brain swelled so much they had to shave her head and remove part of her skull. We were completely beside ourselves. To be so young and have your whole life ahead of you and for it to be ripped away from you that quickly.

Well, I am very happy to report that she is doing amazing and recovering nicely. It's going to take some time but she is doing so good already that its just a matter of time before she is back to normal. We were so happy to be able to see her at the Beef and Beer. So many people showed up and I got to spend lots of time with her and most of my friends that came out to support her. This child is so loved it's just amazing.

Keep up the good work Nikki, I love you so much.


(Nikki)


(Aunt Danielle)

(Dannae and Aunt D)

(Jennette - Got a little captain in ya?)

(Dannae)

(Christine)

(Dannae)

(Leah)

(Vicky)

(Vicky)

No comments:

Post a Comment